Athletic trainers play a significant role in the management, prevention, recognition and rehabilitation of injured athletes. Under the supervision of a licensed physician, athletic trainers administer immediate emergency and follow-up care. They develop athletic injury prevention and treatment programs using their knowledge of biomechanics, anatomy and pathology.
Athletic trainers also provide a vital communication link between the injured athlete, the physician, the coach, and sometimes the athlete’s family, to determine when it’s right to return to practice and competition.
Together, we’ll do whatever we can to help you regain your independence, return to work, sports and the other things you enjoy as quickly as possible. We offer proven techniques to help prevent illness and injuries – and improve athletic performance.
Our specialized programs:
We will help you or your loved one develop new strengths, overcome a disability, and enjoy a healthier lifestyle with specialized programs that include:
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy for orthopedic and neurological conditions
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment using Power Plate vibration technology to help build bone mineral density
- Sports medicine rehabilitation, evaluation and performance improvement
- Personal fitness for adults with or without pre-existing injuries
- Certified hand therapy including splinting and serial casting to cope with injuries and chronic conditions
- Power Plate acceleration training to increase speed, agility and overall performance
Our physician specialty clinics:
Casa Colina’s physician specialty clinics provide coordinated outpatient medical care and rehabilitative treatment in areas that include:
- Spine care for adults and children overseen by a physiatrist
- Surgical consultations by neurosurgeons for spine/back conditions
- Orthopedics for sports injuries, arthritis and more
- Neurology for stroke, movement disorders, Fibromyalgia and more